The Gold Coast Historic District is a historic district in Chicago, Illinois, previously known as the Astor Street District in the 1800’s. Today, the Gold Coast district is an extension of that previous district. As part of Chicago's “Near North Side” community area, it is roughly bounded by North Avenue, Lake Shore Drive, Oak Street, and Clark Street.
Furnished Short-term Housing in Gold Coast:
Within a 10-minute walk of the beach, and nestled in the crook of many delicious eateries, Pinnacle Furnished Suites in the Gold Coast district is designed to help you have a cultural and relaxing stay.
Attractions in Gold Coast:
As it’s name implies, the Gold Coast area is one of the country's most affluent neighborhoods. With streets that are lined with historic mansions, specialty boutiques and the beautiful south-western coast of Lake Michigan, the Gold Coast is an intensely popular area for residents and visitors. During your stay in PF Suites, be sure to take a look at these attractions:
- - Chess Pavilion (Lakefront Trail, Chicago, IL 60610) - Unique structure with a chess motif, drawing players to its chess boards which are built into the benches.
- - Oak Street Beach (1000 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611) - Rest your exhausted shopping muscles with a nice day at the beach in the warm sand.
- - Goudy Square Park (1031 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610) - Historic park named after "Daily News" reporter Louis Mariano, featuring a fountain & pavilion.
- - Chicago Lakefront Trail - (Approx. 1001 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60610) Asphalt/Concrete trail perfect for riding bikes along the Lake Michigan coast. 18.5 mi trail, walk or ride for whatever distance you prefer (trail also great for walking/jogging/running, and includes volleyball stops).
- - 360 Chicago - (875 N Michigan Ave) - Observatory on the 94th floor of the John Hancock Building with a tilting glass lookout that is 1000 ft. high.
Great Restaurants in Gold Coast:
If carrying around loaded shopping bags makes you hungry, you can stop at one of the district's many celebrated restaurants, including Michelin-starred winners and classic Chicago steakhouses.
- - 3 Arts Club Cafe (1300 N Dearborn St) - Set inside the atrium of the Gold Coast’s Restoration Hardware, this "unique" hangout combines coffeehouse, wine bar and American kitchen in a one of a kind blend.
- - Oak Street Beach Food & Drink (1001 North Lake Shore Dr) - Located in the middle of Chicago’s own sun drenched playground, Oak Street Beach is a gathering hot spot with the backdrop of Lake Michigan’s glistening beauty.
- - Lou Malnati’s Pizza (1120 N State St) - Family-owned local chain for Italian classics & Chicago-style, deep-dish pizzas with butter crusts.
- - Tavern on Rush (1031 N Rush St) - Steakhouse fare, nightly DJs & outdoor seating define this lively, upscale restaurant.
Convenient businesses in Gold Coast:
- - CVS Pharmacy (1201 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610)
- - Minute Clinic (1165 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60610)
- - Barnes & Noble Bookstore (1130 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610)
- - Joseph Michael’s Salon & Spa (1313 N Ritchie Ct, Chicago, IL 60610)
- - Judy Maxwell Home (1363 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60610) - With a nostalgic, general store style, the shop has whimsical gifts plus prints, books & home goods.