On July 10, 1886, George Wellington “Cap” Streeter purchased a boat and decided to take it on a test run on Lake Michigan. During a storm, the boat was swept away and ended up on a sandbar 450 feet east of Michigan avenue during a storm. Instead of returning back the way he had come, he chose to live on the sandbar, aboard his boat. Since then, the sandbar has become home to the John Hancock Center and is now known as Streeterville.
Furnished Short-term Housing in Streeterville:
Located in the heart of Streeterville, these four Pinnacle Furnished Suites are prime locations for your stay.
Attractions in Streeterville:
Expect to see Chicago in a whole new light while visiting Streeterville. Access an amazing viewpoint at 360 Chicago or walk the Navy Pier to check out the Chicago Harbor.
- - 360 Chicago -875 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611- See Chicago from a different perspective when you visit the historic John Hancock Center. Located on the 94th floor, 360 Chicago has breathtaking views.
- -Museum of Contemporary Art -220 Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-The Museum of Contemporary Art is one of the largest contemporary art facilities in the nation. Its exhibitions, programs, and performances are truly inspiring.
- - Navy Pier -600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 606011- Navy Pier boasts the best activities, events, restaurants, and shops in Chicago. The 50-acre playground is for all ages.
- - Chicago Shakespeare Theater - 800 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611- If you want to see amazing productions, excellent performers, and fantastic creatives, Chicago Shakespeare Theatre has it all.
- - FTW Chicago-875 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611- Plan a night of here. FTW Chicago offers 130 games with prizes every night, 32 craft beers, and mini golf course.
Great Restaurants in Streeterville:
Indulge in Streeterville’s amazing local restaurants; whether it’s exquisite seafood or Chicago’s famous deep-dish pizza, Streeterville restaurants have a lot to offer.
- -Beatrix -671 N St, Chicago, Il 60611- Beatrix is a modern all-day venue that combines cafe, wine and cocktail bar, and an American Eatery.
- -Greenriver-259 E Erie St, Chicago, IL 60611- Greenriver is found on the 18th floor outdoor terrace. It provides exceptional cocktails inspired from Irish Americans and seasonal American fare.
- -Lou Malnati's Pizzeria-1120 N State St, Chicago, IL 60610 & 439 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654- Lou Malnati's Pizzeria is home to the best deep dish in Chicago made using a recipe that has been handed down through the generations.
- -Epic Burger-227 Ontario St, Chicago, Il 60611- Not craving deep-dish pizza? Try Epic Burger. It offers unprocessed, all-natural iconic American food: hamburgers and fries at a reasonable price.
- -Joes Seafood-The Shops at North Bridge, 60 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611- Get ready for tuxedo-clad staff to serve some classic steak and seafood.
Convenient businesses in Streeterville:
- -Tower Cleaners & Tailors -176 E Walton Pl, Chicago, IL 60611
- -Navy Pier IMAX-Navy Pier -700 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- -Whole Foods Market -255 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- -Target -401 E Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60611
- -Chase Bank -355 E Illinois St, Chicago, IL 6061